Romaco Timeout – Limit Computer Time Of Any User In Windows [Freeware]
If you want to control the maximum time that any user is allowed to spend on your computer, then Romaco Timeout is the application that will help you. Romaco Timeout is specially useful for parents who wants to restrict the amount of time their child spends using the computer. It is a very small and easy to use utility which helps lock a child or any user out of their accounts when the maximum set time for that particular user is reached.
This free utility takes parental controls on your Windows operating system to the next level. Romaco Timeout also controls how much time a user can spend online before the application locks down the browser, and gives the option of turning everything back on again after a certain amount of time has elapsed. If you want to set the application to start-up automatically every time a certain user logs on, you can do that, too.
When the maximum allotted time of computer usage reaches then the user is either logged off his account or the computer shuts down completely. After the user is logged off he/she will only be able to log back in if the administration password is typed, otherwise the user will have to wait until the next day when his usage quota will be reset. Romaco Timeout is designed to be automatic so it will need no administration after the first setup. But if you want to change its settings read below for a small how to.
How to use Romaco Timeout?
- After the installation of Romaco Timeout, launch it with Administrator privileges. Upon first launch it will prompt you to set the administrator password.
- Now to configure Romaco Timeout, first click on the Enable Timeout check box.
- Timeout is user account specific, so if you want to restrict more than one user account, simply log into that account and configure the settings individually for each account.
- Now select which mode to use between Daily Quota and Pre-session Time Limit. If Romaco Timeout is to work without user intervention for every session, then the Startup Automatically For This User check box must be checked.
- The Daily Quota mode lets you set a time limit in hours and minutes for each day.
- The Per-Session mode lets you set a time limit in hours and minutes for the session.
- The Warn box lets you set the time at which the user will receive a warning about his/her session time out, so that they can save their work. Select the action when the time limit ends for the user from the Action Option.
- The buttons on the right side give you more control over the software, you can reset quotas, reset the administrative password, get help on Romaco Timeout, etc. from those buttons.
Romaco Timeout works on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.