Win Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Copy From Microsoft [Contest Expired]
Microsoft is giving away a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to the ten (10) “Best Windows Story” from IT Professionals. Stories can be related to how Windows 7 saved your company money, solving your application compatibility issues, deployment, management of your installations, and virtually anything else.
The more compelling your story, the better chance you have to win.
To enter in this contest, send an email to WinStory@microsoft.com. Emails must include your story as an attachment (in .doc or .docx format), must be written and submitted in English and your contact information including first/last name, business, and email address.
Story must be no more than 2 double spaced pages with normal margins. Story must be about how your business was helped by implementing Windows 7 or migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP or Windows Vista.
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are an IT Professional 18 years of age or older whose business has previously deployed Windows 7; and
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
On or around February 28, 2011, a panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select ten (10) winners of the Contest Prizes described below based upon judging criteria described below.
- 25% – Compelling story about the value Windows 7 provides to your organization
- 25% – Ability to overcome migration or deployment challenges
- 25% – Solutions used to overcome challenges
- 25% – Ability to clearly document your story
Ten (10) Grand Prize. A Not for Resale English version of Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $299.99. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $2999.90
This Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on December 15, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31, 2011 (“Entry Period”).
Sounds interesting? Visit the actual contest page at TechNet for detailed rules and information about the contest!