Apple has released OS X 10.9.3 update for OS X Mavericks. Last month, Apple released Security Update 2014-002 that delivered new features, improvements and bug fixes. Security Update 2014-002 was released for OS X Lion 10.7.5, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5, and OS X Mavericks 10.9.2. Apple recommends all OS X Mavericks users to update their Mac to the latest OS X 10.9.3 update.
OS X 10.9.3 Update Details
According to Apple’s release notes about the latest OS X 10.9.3 update, it improved stability, compatibility and security. The brief list of changes this update brings for Mac users are as follows:
- OS X 10.9.3 includes Safari 7.0.3 update.
- It improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013).
- It adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection.
- It improves reliability of VPN connections using IPsec and resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts.
- It improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server, and network home directories.
- It improves stability when installing configuration profiles and login speed for users in Active Directory groups.
If you have installed last month’s Security Update 2014-002, you must have noticed that Apple included Safari 7.0.3 update for Mavericks. If you are an OS X user and have not installed the security update, you should apply OS X 10.9.3 update. After you update your Mac to the latest OS X Mavericks update, you are now not forced to use iCloud to sync your iOS devices. You can now sync your Mac to your iOS device over a USB cable.
Download OS X 10.9.3 Update for OS X Mavericks
If you have OS X 10.9.2 update installed, you need to download under 500 MB (exactly 461.7 MB) of OS X 10.9.3 update. To update OS X, choose Apple menu > Software Update to check for the latest update using the Mac App Store. If you want to download the update for offline update of OS X, visit the download page here.
Download OS X 10.9.3 Combo Update for OS X Mavericks
If you don’t have 10.9.2 then you need to download around 1 GB (exactly 947.2 MB) of Combo update. The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update (Combo) will help you directly update OS X 10.9 to OS X 10.9.3. This will help you quickly update your Mac to the latest OS X version. The Combo update is a very good option for Mac users who did a fresh installation of the operating system and needs to secure their Mac with the latest update. You can download the OS X 10.9.3 Combo Update from the download page here.
Download iTunes 11.2 Update for Mac, Windows
Apple is also pushing an update to iTunes, updating it to iTunes 11.2 (also updated on Windows, for both 32-bit and 64-bit platform). The latest iTunes 11.2 for Windows is a recommended security update. It fixes a bug in HTTP cookie handling that could allow authentication credentials to be hijacked.