Download Microsoft Office 2007 and SharePoint 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Microsoft on Tuesday delivered the third and last service pack for Microsoft Office 2007 suite and SharePoint 2007.
The service pack includes all public updates, security updates, hot fixes and other updates that were released for Office 2007 through September 2011. According to Microsoft, SP3 also includes “general product fixes and improvements in stability, performance and security.”
Microsoft will retire Office 2007 suite from mainstream support on April 10, 2012. Microsoft will than supply security updates only during a five-year extended support phrase until April 11, 2017. Microsoft will halt all security updates to SP2 after a year from now.
SP3 includes the following improvements:
- Documents that need custom security trimming are not returned from alert search queries, even if the user who created the alert could see and query for these documents.
- Non-Unicode characters in certain error message strings now display correctly.
- Four new bibliography styles are now available in the “Word Citations & Bibliography” feature: Harvard Anglia, IEEE, APA Sixth Edition, and MLA Seventh Edition.
- Chinese New Year holiday is now included in the Outlook calendar for Singapore.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel 2007 sometimes crashes when you open an Excel workbook previously saved in a newer version of Excel. This occurs if the file uses a new feature that is not available in the 2007 Office system.
- Fixes issues with the Pre and Post Reform rules in the French Thesaurus.
- Fixes an issue in which encryption settings are not configurable when they are used with a file format compatibility pack converter and Office 2003 or an earlier version of Office.
- Fixes an issue in which a crash sometimes occurs when an Excel workbook is opened in Excel and then previewed by using the Windows Explorer preview pane feature.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel Slicers and Ribbon customizations are lost when an XLSX file is first saved as a ODS file, and then saved as an XLSX file in Excel 2007.
Download Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3
The service pack can be downloaded via Windows Update or Microsoft Update automatically, or manually from Microsoft Download Center. Microsoft won’t start downloading and installing Office 2007 SP3 onto users’ PCs for 90 days. Although users will find the update as an optional install through Windows Update.
Links to all the download pages of Office 2007 SP3 and other products of the Office suite including the server version can be found in this Microsoft blog post.
You can download directly Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 and SharePoint 2007 SP3 from the links below (English US):
Download Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 Package (351.0 MB): office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe
Download Office 2007 SP3 Language Packs (67 MB): officelp2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe
Official Microsoft Download Center Page for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3).
This update also applies to Microsoft Office Project, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Office Visio, and Visual Web Developer.
To Install Microsoft Office 2007 Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3), follow these steps:
- Download the .exe file by clicking on the link above and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- After downloading the file, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Uninstall or Remove Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3
If you notice any issues after installing SP3, you can use the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite to safely uninstall the service pack.