Transform Your Windows Desktop To Windows 8 Metro With Omnimo 4
Do you like the new Windows 8 Metro UI or the Windows 7 Phone Interface? If you like it and want to transform your Windows desktop to the new look, Omnimo UI. Using Omnimo UI you can now enjoy the tile based Windows 8 layout, Microsoft showed off at the D9 conference.
If you joined later, Windows 8 supports two types of applications; Classic desktop Windows apps and HTML5 web apps. Microsoft’s new start screen includes easy touch icons to allow users of touch based devices to easily navigate through the operating system. The user interface and new apps will work with or without a keyboard and mouse on a broad range of screen sizes and pixel densities, from small slates to laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, and even classroom-sized displays.
Omnimo v4, developed by fediaFedia, is a Rainmeter skin originally inspired by Windows Phone 7 inspired that brings the awesome Metro UI look to your Windows desktop. It will turn your desktop into a productive and attractive work area, delivering only the information you need. Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gadgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac.
How to install Omnimo 4?
- Before you can install Omnimo, you’ll first need to download and install the latest version of Rainmeter specific for your Windows platform. So, if you’re running 64-bit Windows, download Rainmeter 64-bit edition else download the 32-bit edition.
- After installing Rainmeter launch it once before proceeding to download and install the Omnimo 4.
- Now, download and extract the archive to find SETUP.rmskin file.
- Double-click on the SETUP.rmskin file to install Omnimo, you will be greeted by the Intro.
- After installation, select your settings and then the theme+resolution to apply the best layout. Don’t worry if your desktop resolution is not included, you can move things around to your liking anyway.
You can now play around the settings and customize Omnimo 4 to your heart’s consent. Do remember, if you press Windows + D to show desktop, Rainmeter along with all Omnimo widgets gets minimized.
Thanks to our reader Shook Are for the tip.