Bing Wallpaper Downloader: Easily Download Bing Wallpapers
Bing Wallpaper Downloader is a simple and straight forward application to downloads wallpapers from Bing and set them as desktop wallpaper. Bing search engine features a new wallpaper each day. These wallpapers are based on the regional settings on Bing. Most of these wallpapers are of high-resolution and good quality. So, if you are searching for a nice wallpaper manager that downloads and sets new wallpapers on your desktop at a set interval, Bing Download Manager is the app for you.
Another powerful wallpaper manager available for Windows, Mac and Linux, which we covered earlier is Wally. So, if you want something more powerful, download Wally. If you are Windows 7 Starter Edition user and want to change your desktop wallpaper you might be interested in this article for a simple guide.
- Wallpapers are gathered from the localized Bing search sites: en-US, en-UK, en-AU, en-NZ, en-CA, de-DE, zh-CN, ja-JP.
- Files are named using their long descriptions and automatically translated to the language of the user’s choice if needed through the Bing API.
- Each file is hashed to ensure that there are no duplicates downloaded.
- Files will be switched on a timer or manually by double clicking on the thumbnail.
- If in a remote (RDP) session the wallpaper switching is disabled. The wallpaper switching is also disabled if the monitor is powered off or disconnected.
- Single instance application written in C#.
The application is very easy to set up, after installing, run the application and change the following settings:
- Set the path where you want to download the wallpapers
- Set the time interval in minutes to search for new wallpapers
- You can then set the app to change your desktop wallpapers after a predefined time interval, with new images or randomly, and can even switch between all images or only between a few number of images
- Now, set the desktop background style
- Set the wallpaper name translation.
- Now, click on the save settings link present on the bottom left hand corner of the app.