Internet Explorer 9 is already available for download and you may have installed it already just to see whats new. Now, if you are looking for how to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) off Windows 7/Vista or if you don’t want to keep IE9 and want back previous version of IE installed, IE8 or IE7. Then we have just found an easy way to do so.
Since IE9 is installed as a Windows Update and is not like other programs on your computer, you won’t find IE9 listed on the “Uninstall” or “Change a program” screen.
For uninstalling IE9 properly and cleanly from Windows 7 or Vista, just follow the simple steps below:
- Click on the Start Button and in the search box type view updates
- Once the results appear, click on view installed updates
If you want to do it quickly without doing the search, Press Win+R to open the Run dialog box to paste the following Enter:
- Wait for a few moments for the “Uninstall an update” screen to load completely
- Now, scroll through the list until you find the entry: Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Click on that entry once to highlight it, then click on the uninstall button to continue uninstalling (You can also right-click on the entry and select uninstall.)
- Confirm that you want to uninstall by clicking on Yes.
Here are the instructions straight from Microsoft:
Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
Click one of the following:
Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
Note: After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version ofInternet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.
What are your views regarding the new version of Internet Explorer 9? Which alternate browser are you going to use now? Share it with us in the comments!