Firefox 3.6 Beta 1 Supports Windows 7 Superbar Features
Mozilla has released the Beta version of its upcoming web browser Firefox 3.6. Firefox 3.6 Beta is built on Mozilla’s Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering platform, which has many improvements for web developers, Add-on developers and users. This version is also faster and more responsive than earlier versions.
Firefox 3.6 Beta (revision 1) is the latest development milestone of the next version of the Firefox web browser. As beta software, this release is considered to be stable and safe to use for daily web browsing, though the features and content may change before the final product release. At this time many Add-ons may not yet have been tested by their authors to ensure that they are compatible with this release. If you wish to help test Add-on compatibility, please install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter – your favorite Add-on author will appreciate it!
This beta version introduces several new features:
- It is available in more than 50 languages and users can get their own local version.
- Users can now easily change their browser’s appearance with just a single click. The built in support for Personas makes this possible.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed in full screen, and supports poster frames too.
- It now supports the WOFF font format.
- It also supports for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
The feature that Windows 7 users will love the most is the complete support for Windows 7 Superbar/Taskbar features such as Aero Peek, Thumbnail Previews
and Jumplists, etc and they work just like Internet Explorer 8. But, if you rely a lot on plug-ins then you should wait for the public release as it doesn’t support most of the plug-ins.
[ Download Link ]