Mozilla has released the latest update of Firefox web browser. Firefox 33.1. Along with the update Mozilla added four new features (listed below). If you are a Firefox web browser user it should have automatically updated itself. For automatic updates you need to have Mozilla Maintenance installed. If you like to update Firefox manually, click on the Open Menu button, then on the Question mark icon button. It will opening the About dialog box from the Help menu in the web browser.
Firefox Update: What’s New?
- New Forget Button added
- Enhanced Tiles
- Privacy tour introduced
- Adding DuckDuckGo as a search option
Known Issues In The Latest Firefox Update
- PDF.js: With some images, wrong colors could show up. Affects a very small number of PDF
- Windows: Interface may be slow when typing or selecting text
- Windows: On some combination of hardware and drivers, some flickering can happen
Download Latest Firefox Update
Existing Firefox users should see an update notification in their web browser. If you didn’t see any notification, you can click on Firefox > (?) Help > About Firefox to manually check for update. New users can download the latest stable version of Firefox using the download links provided below.
Latest Firefox 33.1 Direct Download Links
Mozilla provides Firefox for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X in a variety of languages. You can get the latest released version of Firefox here or the latest development version of Firefox here. You should also check out our Firefox section for everything related to Mozilla Firefox.
Old Firefox Version Archive
Mozilla Firefox 29 Updates Sync, Gives The Browser A Makeover, More Customization Options
Mozilla Firefox 29 includes an updated sync, a new look and lots of customization options and more. The updated Firefox web browser sync makes it easier to set up. Firefox sync adds multiple devices to any Firefox account on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. While announcing the latest Firefox browser, Mozilla said, “We reimagined and redesigned Firefox to reflect how you use the Web today and we are excited to introduce many features including an elegant and fun design, new menu, customization mode and an enhanced Firefox Sync service powered by Firefox Accounts.”
Under the hood, Firefox users will find a lot of options to customize it. Users will find a new menu, which is now in the right-corner of Firefox. The new menu includes a “Customize” tool that transforms Firefox into a powerful customization mode. It lets users easily access most common controls, features, and add-ons. Users can now customize the menu. Users can remove and add favorite tools for easy access. Mozilla while describing the new menu stated “this level of Firefox customization puts you in control of your Web experience and is unmatched by any other browser.”
The most notable change that is seen in Firefox 29 is the new sync feature. The new sync feature will compete with the rival Google Chrome web browser. With Firefox sync you can easily pick up from where you left when using Firefox from any other device. To take advantage of Firefox Sync, you need a Firefox Account. The Firefox account will let you access Awesome Bar history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs, and form data across all your computer, laptops and Android devices.
Check out some of the new Firefox features below:
- Elegant new design with new tabs and an overall modern look.
- Customization Mode that makes it easy to personalize Firefox to your heart’s content. You can easily drag and drop your favorite feature, tool or add-on in the menu or toolbar.
- Firefox Menu now includes popular browser controls, features and add-ons. Everything in one place to make it easier and faster to get access to them. The new Firefox menu is completely customization so you can edit or add features you use most.
- You can now create bookmarks with a single click and manage them from the same place.
- Firefox Add-ons Manager is now accessible directly from the menu.
- Enhanced Firefox Sync powered by Firefox Accounts lets you add multiple devices with end-to-end encryption to sync securely. Firefox Sync gives you access to Awesome Bar history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs and form data across your computers and mobile Android devices.
Mozilla discovered a security vulnerability in Firefox 16 and temporarily removed it from current installer page a day of releasing it. It also advised Firefox 16 users to downgrade to the 15.0.1 until a patch is released. According to the Mozilla Security Blog, the security flaw responsible “could allow a malicious site to potentially find which websites users have visited and have access to the URL or URL parameters”. Now that Firefox is patched, users will be automatically updated to the patched 16.0.1 release.
In Firefox 15, if you install add-ons, you will benefit from the new memory optimization technologies. The new optimization technique basically keeps in check memory leaks by add-ons.
In Firefox 14.0.1, the default search engine of Firefox, Google Search, started using HTTPS connections when you search using it. OS X Lion users were able to enjoy web browsing in full screen. With 14.0.1, just like Google Chrome’s “Click to Play plugins” feature, Mozilla implemented “Click to Play” feature for Firefox. The new “Click-to-play” feature (disabled by default) will disable plugin (such as Adobe Flash) when you are loading a page. Later, if you want to load the contents of that plugin, you can activate them with a single click on the area. Mozilla has still kept “click to play” and “in-content preferences” features disabled by default. If you need these features, you will need to manually enable them via the