Download Latest Firefox 48 Update Release: Here’s What’s New
Mozilla has released the latest update of Firefox web browser, Firefox 48. It comes with a lot of new features and updates.
Firefox web browser should have automatically updated itself by now. For automatic updates you need to have Mozilla Maintenance installed. If you like to update Firefox manually, click on the Open Menu button, then on the Question mark icon button. It will opening the About dialog box from the Help menu in the web browser.
Firefox 48 New Features, Changes, Updates
- Firefox extension signing is enforced on Stable and Beta versions of Firefox. Users can no longer disable the requirement.
- About 1% of Firefox 48 users who don’t run add-ons will have the new multi-process architecture enabled for them.
- Mozilla ends support for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Firefox will continue to work on those platforms, but it won’t receive new features or security updates anymore.
- Tab (switch buttons) and Shift-F 10 (pop-up menus) work now in customize mode. (Windows)
- Better Canvas performance with Skia support. (Linux)
- Media Parser developed using Rust and implemented in Firefox 48.
- Firefox 48 ships with a blocklist against plugin fingerprinting.
- The new “Get Add-ons” page launched.
- Bookmark or open tab hits in Firefox’s address bar use “super smart icons”.
- Fixed WebRTC issues that Jabra & Logitech C920 webcam.
- You can view the complete Firefox 48.0 Release Notes here.
Download Latest Firefox Update
Existing Firefox users should see an update notification in their web browser. If you didn’t see any notification, you can click on Firefox > (?) Help > About Firefox to manually check for update. New users can download the latest stable version of Firefox using the download links provided below.
Latest Firefox 48.0 Direct Download Links
Windows 32-bit (English US) | Windows 64-bit (English US) | Mac OS X (English US) | Linux (English US) | Linux 64-bit (English US) | Download Firefox for all system and languages | Download Firefox for Android | Download Firefox for iOS
Mozilla provides Firefox for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X in many languages. You can get the latest released version of Firefox here or the latest development version of Firefox here. You should also check out our Firefox section for everything related to Mozilla Firefox.