Download Latest Firefox Update 47.0
Mozilla has released the latest update of Firefox web browser, Firefox 47.0. It comes with a lot of new features and updates.
Firefox web browser should have automatically updated itself by now. For automatic updates you need to have Mozilla Maintenance installed. If you like to update Firefox manually, click on the Open Menu button, then on the Question mark icon button. It will opening the About dialog box from the Help menu in the web browser.
Firefox 47.0 New Features, Changes, Updates
- It now supports Google Widevine CDM on Windows and Mac OS X. Now streaming services like Amazon Video can stream videos using encrypted HTML5 video
- Faster machines will now be able to take advantage of VP9 video codec
- If Flash is missing, Firefox 47 will play embedded YouTube videos using HTML5 video
- You can now view and search open tabs from your smartphone or another computer in a sidebar
- Allow no-cache on back or forward navigation for HTTPS resources
- Latgalu locale added
- FUEL (Firefox User Extension Library) has been removed. From now, any add-ons depending on FUEL will stop working
browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demandpreference has been reset to its default value (true) to avoid e10s performance problems
- The Firefox click-to-activate plugin whitelist has been removed
- You can view the complete Firefox 47.0 Release Notes here.
Download Latest Firefox Update
Existing Firefox users should see an update notification in their web browser. If you didn’t see any notification, you can click on Firefox > (?) Help > About Firefox to manually check for update. New users can download the latest stable version of Firefox using the download links provided below.
Latest Firefox 47.0 Direct Download Links
Windows 32-bit (English US) | Windows 64-bit (English US) | Mac OS X (English US) | Linux (English US) | Linux 64-bit (English US) | Download Firefox for all system and languages | Download Firefox for Android | Download Firefox for iOS
Mozilla provides Firefox for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X in many different languages. You can get the latest released version of Firefox here or the latest development version of Firefox here. You should also check out our Firefox section for everything related to Mozilla Firefox.
Old Firefox Version Archive
- Fix network issue when using Nvidia’s Network Access Manager
- On some Windows configurations, improve the decoding of some videos on YouTube
Security Issues Fixed In Firefox 43
- Cross-site reading attack through data and view-source URIs
- Privilege escalation vulnerabilities in WebExtension APIs
- Integer underflow and buffer overflow processing MP4 metadata in libstagefright
- Integer overflow in MP4 playback in 64-bit versions
- Underflow through code inspection
- Buffer overflows found through code inspection
- Linux file chooser crashes on malformed images due to flaws in Jasper library
- DOS due to malformed frames in HTTP/2
- Hash in data URI is incorrectly parsed
- Cross-origin information leak through web workers error events
- Integer overflow allocating extremely large textures
- Use-after-free in WebRTC when datachannel is used after being destroyed
- Firefox allows for control characters to be set in cookies
- Same-origin policy violation using perfomance.getEntries and history navigation
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:43.0 / rv:38.5)
Mozilla Firefox 41 Officially Supports Windows 10
Firefox 41 officially supports Windows 10. Firefox 41 came with a ton of new features, bug fixes and changes. Version Firefox 41.0.2 fixes cross-origin restriction bypass using Fetch vulnerability. Back with Firefox 38, Mozilla added DRM support that allows users to play DRM-protected HTML5 audio and video.
Mozilla Firefox 29 Updates Sync, Gives the Browser a Makeover, More Customization Options
Mozilla Firefox 29 includes an updated sync, a new look and lots of customization options and more. The updated Firefox web browser sync makes it easier to set up. Firefox sync adds multiple devices to any Firefox account on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. While announcing the latest Firefox browser, Mozilla said, “We reimagined and redesigned Firefox to reflect how you use the Web today and we are excited to introduce many features including an elegant and fun design, new menu, customization mode and an enhanced Firefox Sync service powered by Firefox Accounts.”
Under the hood, Firefox users will find a lot of options to customize it. Users will find a new menu, which is now in the right-corner of Firefox. The new menu includes a “Customize” tool that transforms Firefox into a powerful customization mode. It lets users easily access most common controls, features, and add-ons. Users can now customize the menu. Users can remove and add favorite tools for easy access. Mozilla while describing the new menu stated “this level of Firefox customization puts you in control of your Web experience and is unmatched by any other browser.”
The most notable change that is seen in Firefox 29 is the new sync feature. The new sync feature will compete with the rival Google Chrome web browser. With Firefox sync you can easily pick up from where you left when using Firefox from any other device. To take advantage of Firefox Sync, you need a Firefox Account. The Firefox account will let you access Awesome Bar history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs, and form data across all your computer, laptops and Android devices.
Check Out Some of the New Firefox Features Below:
- Elegant new design with new tabs and an overall modern look.
- Customization Mode that makes it easy to personalize Firefox to your heart’s content. You can easily drag and drop your favorite feature, tool or add-on in the menu or toolbar.
- Firefox Menu now includes popular browser controls, features and add-ons. Everything in one place to make it easier and faster to get access to them. The new Firefox menu is completely customization so you can edit or add features you use most.
- You can now create bookmarks with a single click and manage them from the same place.
- Firefox Add-ons Manager is now accessible directly from the menu.
- Enhanced Firefox Sync powered by Firefox Accounts lets you add multiple devices with end-to-end encryption to sync securely. Firefox Sync gives you access to Awesome Bar history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs and form data across your computers and mobile Android devices.
Mozilla discovered a security vulnerability in Firefox 16 and temporarily removed it from current installer page a day of releasing it. It also advised Firefox 16 users to downgrade to the 15.0.1 until a patch is released. According to the Mozilla Security Blog, the security flaw responsible “could allow a malicious site to potentially find which websites users have visited and have access to the URL or URL parameters”. Now that Firefox is patched, users will be automatically updated to the patched 16.0.1 release.
In Firefox 15, if you install add-ons, you will benefit from the new memory optimization technologies. The new optimization technique basically keeps in check memory leaks by add-ons.
In Firefox 14.0.1, the default search engine of Firefox, Google Search, started using HTTPS connections when you search using it. OS X Lion users were able to enjoy web browsing in full screen. With 14.0.1, just like Google Chrome’s “Click to Play plugins” feature, Mozilla implemented “Click to Play” feature for Firefox. The new “Click-to-play” feature (disabled by default) will disable plugin (such as Adobe Flash) when you are loading a page. Later, if you want to load the contents of that plugin, you can activate them with a single click on the area. Mozilla has still kept “click to play” and “in-content preferences” features disabled by default. If you need these features, you will need to manually enable them via the