Download iOS 7.1.2 Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Apple released a new update for all compatible iOS devices. iOS 7.1.2 is now available for download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. iOS 7.1.2 is the second minor update to iOS 7.1. It comes after more than two months of iOS 7.1.1 release.
The latest iOS update brings with it bug fixes and security updates. The official change log highlights fixes for iBeacon, data transfer and mail attachment encryption.
iOS 7.1.2 Update Change log
The latest update improves iBeacon connectivity and stability. Fixes a bug related to data transfer for third-party accessories and bar code scanners.
iOS 7.1.2 also fixes a security issue related to Mail attachments. The security issue lets an attacker with physical access to your phone access e-mail attachments.
The e-mail attachment first reported in April by Andreas Kurtz on his blog. He was able to access e-mail attachments using standard tools on an iOS devices running versions 7.1.1 and 7.0.4.
Further, iOS 7.1.2 fixes the following security issues:
- An attacker with physical access to an iOS device could bypass the Activation Lock
- An attacker with physical access may exceed the limit set for failed passcode attempts
- A person with physical access to a locked iOS device may access the foreground application before locking
- In Safari a malicious website may cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution
- A person with physical access to the device may be able to disable Find My iPhone without entering an iCloud password
- Using Siri a person with the iOS device may be able to view all contacts
You can view the detailed list of all the security updates here.
Download iOS 7.1.2 Update
You can download iOS 7.1.2 update on your iOS device running 7.1 or 7.1.1. If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch which supports or runs on iOS 7.1, it will support this minor update too. You can download and install it over the air (OTA) or through iTunes.