Windows and Mac users know WinZip for their compression utility. WinZip Computing, a Corel company is expanding its product portfolio beyond compression and encryption with the debut of the WinZip System Utilities Suite. A complete collection of easy-to-use and affordable PC utilities that helps keep computers stable and running at peak performance.
WinZip System Utilities Suite offers powerful system tools to fix common problems, improve system stability and rev up your computer’s speed. Designed for easy, automated operation, and it provides everything you need to restore the zip to your PC. It automatically performs regular maintenance, reducing the likelihood of common problems like crashes, system errors and reduced speed.
WinZip System Utilities Suite is composed of about 20 different system utilities to improve computer performance. Just like the earlier system utility reviewed by us, TuneUp Utilities 2011, WinZip System Utilities Suite’s different tools are nicely organized into one single “launcher UI.” You can even access these tools separately from not just the menu options within the “launcher UI” but from its own separate Start Menu entry, which is again nicely organized. Each utility is having its own individual user interface thus you can directly open only the utility which you want to.
Even though with 20 different system utilities, WinZip System Utilities Suite may seem very complex for novice users but it isn’t at all. Thanks to the master launcher UI, which offers you one big button “Start Smart PC Care” to optimize your computer system. The idea behind this single click optimization is that this would be the first thing new users would run, and once that’s done, they could simply use the separate tools as needed to further optimize specific aspects of their Windows PC.
Smart PC Care is a general PC health tool that performs the following vital system jobs with one simple click:
- Clean junk data and free up disk space
- Defrag your hard disk for optimized performance
- Clean hidden privacy-exposing traces
- Scan for outdated or missing drivers
- Clean registry errors
- Optimize your registry for better performance
Click on the screenshots below for an overview of how Smart PC Care works in our test run on our computer and how it optimized our system:
Other utilities included are:
- Registry Cleaner – Scan for and clean registry errors
- Registry Optimizer – Organize your registry for better performance and a faster computer
- System Cleaner – Remove junk data and free up disk space
- Disk Optimizer – Defrag your hard disk for optimized performance
- Disk Tools – Check your hard drives for file system and disk errors
- Disk Explorer – Review disk usage by files and folders
- Memory Optimizer – Free unused allocated memory for better system performance
- Driver Updater – Automatically download and install the latest drivers required by your system
- Game Optimizer – Optimize for game play to reduce freezing, crashing or interruptions
- Privacy Protector – Clean hidden privacy-exposing traces
- Secure Delete – Permanently delete confidential data so that it cannot be retrieved
- Secure Encryptor – Password-protect your personal files from unauthorized access
- Undelete – Recover accidently deleted data
- Backup Manager – Back up your important files and documents
- System Files Backup and Restore System Files – Back up and restore important system files
- PC Fixer – Fix common problems instantly
- System and Security Advisor – Fine tune your system settings
- Duplicate Files Remover – Remove unneeded duplicate files
- Startup Manager – Remove unnecessary programs to improve the speed of system startup
- Uninstall Manager – Remove unnecessary programs and free up disk space
Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, WinZip System Utilities Suite is available for $39.95(USD) for a single license. For a free scan, users can download the WinZip System Utilities Suite to identify issues that may be affecting the performance and reliability of their PC.
10-license giveaway of WinZip System Utilities Suite exclusively for My Technology Guide readers is coming up in our next update.