Microsoft, on Tuesday, released Office 2010 Service Pack 1.
As expected, Microsoft released the first Service Pack (SP1) for Office 2010 productivity suite at the end of June. Office 2010 SP1 includes all previously released updates, in addition to several new updates. Which improves overall security, performance, and stability of the suite.
SP1 will be available through Windows Update, as a manual download from the Download Center and from Microsoft Update. Microsoft plans to push the update to Automatic Updates within 90 days. The software giant has released SP1 for all 40 language versions of Office 2010. Products that will get fixes and updates include Office 2010, Project 2010, Visio 2010, Office 2010 servers, Office Web Apps, Search Server 2010, SharePoint 2010 Products and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
We have earlier covered what Microsoft is expected to include in Office 2010 SP1:
- Security and Non-Security Updates for March 2011 – Released March 8, 2011
- Office 2010 February 2011 Cumulative Update (KB 2493730) – Released February 22, 2011
- Security and Non-Security Updates for February 2011 – Released February 8, 2011
- Non-Security Updates for January 2011 – Released January 11, 2011
- Office 2010 December 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2479673) – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for December 2010 – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for November 2010 – Released November 9, 2010
- Office 2010 October 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2449183) – Released October 26, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for October 2010 – Released October 12, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for September 2010 – Released September 14, 2010
- Office 2010 August 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2396341) – Released August 31, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for August 2010 – Released August 10, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for July 2010 – Released July 13, 2010
- Office 2010 June 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2259686) – Released June 29, 2010
Microsoft has addressed the following issues in SP1:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server.
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint.
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome.
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application.
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server.
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export.
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only).
You can download the service pack from the download links below:
Office 2010 SP1 32-bit Edition (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26622)
Office 2010 SP1 64-bit Edition (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26617)