UC Browser English: Fast Mobile Web Browser for Symbian, WM, Java
UCWeb has announced that the latest version of its flagship product, UC Browser 7.7 English version has been released. The latest version, UC Browser 7.7 English, is released for Symbian, Windows Mobile and Java.
These days there’s no shortage of mobile web browsers, each one claiming to be the fastest and most feature-rich. UC Browser is another such mobile web browser which is cross-platform. Much like the rest of the lot, it offers useful features, speed enhancements and quick-access to your favourites.
Just like the popular Opera Mini mobile web browser, UC Browser doesn’t handle each destination within the application. Each request is handled by UC servers, first compressed and then sent to the phone. This essentially provides you with a fast, thin client perfect for use with mobile data plans. It has multiple tab support with in-built support for Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Ask.com search engine.
Other notable UC Browser features:
More traffic saving for WWW Site
- Optimized the compression algorithm, compress the content in the server-side.
- Duplicated and similar data will not be transmitted again.
- Save another 30% traffic compare to earlier version of UC Browser when visit WWW site, especially for those site is full of words.
Better page rendering
- Support more WAP2.0 tag
- Upgrade the compatibility to WAP 2.0 page.
No more glare in night mode
- In the night mode, UC Browser doesn’t only process the text and background, but also process the image to lower the brightness, make the image softer.
- Process to both static and dynamic images.
Dial+Number to get quick access to site in the start page
- Press “Dial+Number” can get quick access to the corresponding site in My Shortcuts in Symbian V1/V2/V3
Input directly in website
- UC optimized Java version in 7.7 version to bring the direct input feature in website
- Tips’ place, background color and font color optimized
To download UC Browser 7.7, please go to www.ucweb.com by PC or wap.ucweb.com by handset.