Download Apple Mac OS X v10.5.8 Update
Apple has announced a new update for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard operating system. The Mac OS X v10.5.8 update is recommended and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit this website.
You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine. Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications installed, or if you’ve modiï¬ed the operating system through other means.
To update your Mac to Mac OS X v10.5.8, use Software Update or the standalone installer.
Mac OS X v10.5.8 Software Update
Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to automatically check for the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update. If your computer is not up-to-date, other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an updates size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update more than once to make sure you have all available updates.
Mac OS X v10.5.8 Standalone installer
Download the update installer and run it manually. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
Mac OS X v10.5.8 Additional Information
What’s included in this update:
- Upgrades Safari to version 4.0.2.
- Improves the accuracy of full history search in Safari 4.
- Resolves an issue in which certain resolutions might not appear in the Display pane in System Preferences.
- Dragging an Aperture image into Automator now invokes an Aperture action instead of incorrectly invoking an iPhoto action.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent importing of large photo and movie files from digital cameras.
- Improves overall Bluetooth reliability with external devices, USB webcams and printers.
- Addresses an issue that could cause extended startup times.
- Improves iCal reliability with MobileMe Sync and CalDav.
- Addresses data reliability issues with iDisk and MobileMe.
- Improves overall reliability with AFP.
- Improves overall reliability with Managed Client.
- Improves compatibility and reliability for joining AirPort networks.
- Improves Sync Service reliability.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
- Improves compatibility with some external USB hard drives.
- Includes latest security fixes.
Download Mac OS X v10.5.8 Update (Size — 274MB)