Facebook Messenger For Android Allows You To Use Your Name, Phone Number As Login
Facebook has updated Facebook Messenger for Android based devices. The latest version is lets non-Facebook users sign up with just their name and phone number even if they don’t have a Facebook account or email address.
The important change makes Facebook Messenger for Android a direct competitor of another popular messaging service WhatsApp. Before the update was announced by Facebook, the Internet was abuzz with reports that the social network giant was trying to acquire the most popular cross-platform messaging service WhatsApp.
Messenger for Android
You can download Facebook Messenger for Android through the official Google Play Store. After you have installed it on your Android device, you need to simply log in using your name and phone number and then connect with your friends. You can then start sharing content, engage into conversations, and more.
While the updated version of Facebook Messenger for Android is already available, Facebook has announced that the new friction-less Messenger accounts will become available only in the next few weeks in select countries, Facebook. You can find additional information about the application on the social network’s Help Center.
Messenger is a free stand-alone mobile app that lets you:
Reach friends wherever they are now
- Text your friends for free using your existing data plan
- Reach friends on their phones and the web, so they never miss your message
Message a friend or start group conversations
- Choose to include your location, share photos and more
- Include friends of friends in conversations
- Know who’s seen your message, and who hasn’t
Get right to your messages
- Access your messages and chats as seamless conversations — wherever you log into Facebook
- Get free push notifications on your phone, so you see each message as soon as it arrives
- Quickly switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications
Image Source: Facebook