Earlier, we have shown “how to change product key of Microsoft Office 2010 and Visio 2010.” But this method is specific to Office 2010 only, what about other editions of Microsoft Office productivity suite: Office XP, Office 2003 or Office 2007?
Microsoft keeps the license information hidden from end-users view. This makes the process of changing product key of Office hard and involves messing the registry key.
In some situations like virus attacks, corrupt data or when counterfeit software has been installed (without your knowledge), removing the product key of Microsoft Office productivity suite is helpful. Most users follow the routine uninstalling and then reinstalling of Microsoft Office suite, if they met such a situation.
But this is no longer necessary as Office Key Remover helps you out by removing Office licensing information from the system so that a new Office product key can than be entered and activated.
Office Key Remover is a small application which easily removes Microsoft Office’s license information from the computer. It supports Office XP, Office 2003, Office 2007 and Office 2010, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
This small application removes the product key and activation status of the Office suite installed. When you remove the license information and activation status of Office, it asks for a new product key when you launch any of its part, for instance Word, to reactivate Office. This indirectly allows users to easily change the product key of Microsoft Office productivity suite.
How to use Office Key Remover?
- Download and extract the installer of Office Key Remover.
- Install the application. During installation, the installer will offer Nitro PDF reader, which may choose not to install.
- Run the application and click on the edition of Microsoft Office installed on your system.
- A small pop-up will then be displayed notifying the user that the licensing information is removed from the PC system.
- Office will automatically ask the user to enter a new product key on the next startup of one of its installed applications.
Note: Windows 7 and Vista users may need to run Office Key Remover as an administrator in order for it to work properly.
You can download Office Key Remover (version 22.214.171.124): OfficeKeyRemover126.96.36.199-Setup.zip
You will find the latest version available at the author’s site.
Office Key Remover requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or higher versions).