Office for Mac 2011 SP1 Released, Download Now [Apple Mac]
Microsoft has released the first major service pack for, Office for Mac 2011. This update fixes critical issues and also helps to improve security. It includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer’s memory with malicious code.
Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 adds some minor features like the ability to author Alt Text for objects like shapes, pictures, tables, charts, SmartArt, and movies in any of Office 2011’s programs. In addition, Excel 2011 users can now install the Solver analysis tools while PowerPoint users can password-protect their presentations.
It is also said to improve speed and overall reliability but perhaps the most notable changes are within Outlook. Outlook now supports syncing with devices and applications using Apple’s Sync Services. You can now sync your Outlook calendars, as well as your contacts, notes and tasks with the iPhone and iPad. Outlook has also added support for server-side rules on Microsoft Exchange servers, as well as the ability to resend an email to the same or new recipients, and the ability to redirect an incoming email message to other recipients.
How to install Office for Mac Service Pack 1?
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) volume window, double-click the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
Note This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates that you want.
The 246MB update is available from Microsoft’s website or any Office application on your Mac under Help > Check for Updates. Service Pack 1 will bring your version of Office up to 14.1.0 and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
SP1 applies to: Office 2011 for Mac, Office 2011 Home and Business Edition, Word 2011, Excel 2011, PowerPoint 2011, Outlook 2011, Communicator 2011, Office for Mac Standard 2011 Edition, Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Student 2011, and Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011
File Name: Office2011-1410UpdateEN.dmg
Date Published: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Size: 246 MB
Download Office for Mac 201 Service Pack