Opera Software has released Opera 11.01 final version, which is an update of Opera 11. The latest updates fixes many security issues and improves overall stability of Opera, one of the popular web browser. This final version of Opera has come up after many snapshot releases and two RC (release candidates) updates. Opera 11.01 is a highly recommended update for every Opera 11 user.
The full change logs for Windows, Mac and Linux and FreeBSD are linked from the blog post announcing about the new version release.
The security issues fixed in Opera 11.01:
- Removed support for “
- Fixed an issue where large form inputs could allow execution of arbitrary code.
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to carry out clickjacking attacks against internal opera: URLs.
- Fixed issues which allowed web pages to gain limited access to files on the user’s computer.
- Fixed an issue where email passwords were not immediately deleted when deleting private data.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the wrong executable to be used to display a downloaded file in its folder.
Users can update to the latest version of Opera web browser directly by clicking on Help > Menu > Check for Updates.
Users can also download the latest version of Opera directly from Opera Software.Related