Taekwindow: Get Linux Style Alt-Dragging Window Behavior In Windows
Taekwindow is a free, simple and lightweight Windows program for handling Window behavior. It allows you to easily move and resize windows by simply dragging them with the Alt key. If you’re a Linux or other Unix user, you are probably familiar with Alt-dragging. Once you have gotten used to it, you’ll want to use it in Windows as well.
Even if you’re not used to Alt-dragging, this application can still make your Windows experience more pleasant and save time. Especially when you have a large display, or multiple monitors, you’re moving your mouse much more than you ought to. Taekwindow makes any Windows program window behave like many Linux/*nix X11 window managers. You can easily resize, move, and manipulate with this portable application.
After downloading and running Taekwindow, you will be able to easily move program or application windows from anywhere within that window, instead of going to the Title bar first. Simply press ALT key and click the left mouse button anywhere on a window to move it; if you have multiple monitors, you can grab maximized windows to move without re-sizing. Pressing ALT key and clicking the right mouse button allows you to drag the mouse to resize the window, and middle-clicking the title bar of an application pushes it to the background. Taekwindow enables the scroll wheel on whatever window the mouse cursor is over, not just the window in focus.
- Move a window by grabbing it anywhere (not just the title bar) while holding the Alt key, and then dragging with the left mouse button
- Resize a window by grabbing it anywhere (not just the little border) while holding the Alt key, and then dragging with the right mouse button
- Move a maximized window between monitors by Alt-dragging
- Use the scroll wheel on the window under the cursor, instead of the now focused window
- Push a window to the background by middle-clicking on its title bar
All in all, Taekwindow is a nice application for anyone who wants to save time and cut frustration while handling windows when working with large or multiple displays. Taekwindow is freeware for Windows only.