Use Device Doctor to Update Windows Drivers Including Unidentified Devices
Device Doctor is a free Windows app. It scans your computer’s hardware and checks if any new driver updates available are available or not. It has also the ability to detect and find drivers for “Unidentified Devices” in the Windows Device Manager. This tool is very simple and easy to use.
To use it, after launching Driver Scanner, just click on ‘Begin Scan‘ to detect your hardware. Device Doctor then queries the manufacturer driver database and immediately fetches the correct driver files for your computer. Another very useful feature of Device Doctor is that you can use it offline, in the sense, if you have reinstalled your Windows and is not having any drivers available for your modem, then you cannot access the internet. In this scenario, you can save the scan results and then use this scan result in a computer which is having internet connection and download the drivers there.
- Provides drivers for every major computer hardware and device manufacturer
- More than 3 terabytes (3,000 GB) of drivers in the database
- Fast hardware scan takes mere seconds
- Constantly updated to include new driver versions as soon as released
- Every driver is human reviewed using specialized compatibility tools
- Learns from other users to recommend better drivers every day
- Provides device names for unknown devices before updating drivers
- Updates WHQL (Microsoft certified) and non-WHQL drivers
- Can be used offline – scan results can be saved so you can move them to a connected computer and download there
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (64-bit or 32-bit)
- 10 MB Available Hard Drive Space
Note: Don’t forget to take backup of your old drivers if you are updating drivers. You may like to read about Best 3 Free Programs to Backup and Restore Computer Drivers
[ Download Device Doctor ] [via ghacks.net]