How To Completely Remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Internet Security Using kavremover
Sometimes removing Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky PURE completely is important to fix issues with it or the operating system. You can easily uninstall it using the Programs and Features function (also known as Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) in the Control Panel. Even after uninstalling this way you may get errors related to left over files or drivers. Completely removing a security suite like the Kaspersky Lab products sometimes requires more than the default uninstaller program shipped with it. For this reason, the vendors of the application releases special uninstaller that removes everything their application installed including hidden drivers. Kaspersky Lab has one such special tool aptly called Kaspersky Lab Products Remover popularly known as kavremover to do the dirty job here.
You may not find Kaspersky Lab Products Remover or kavremover easily as it is hidden somewhere deep in the support pages (service articles) of the official Kaspersky website. So, here we are to help you easily download and use the advance kavremover utility to completely remove Kaspersky Antivirus (KAV) or Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) or Kaspersky PURE or any other supported Kaspersky Lab product from your PC.
How to remove Kaspersky Antivirus / Kaspersky Internet Security / Kaspersky PURE completely?
If you encounter errors when removing Kaspersky Lab products via Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs) you may be unable to install any security program again on your PC. Since the application was not uninstalled correctly, there is likely remnants of the application which may cause further problems. To completely remove the installed Kaspersky Lab product you now need to use kavremover utility.
The latest version of Kaspersky Lab Products Remover or kavremover lets you uninstall the following products:
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky PURE
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Password Manager
- Kaspersky Fraud Prevention for Endpoint
- AVP Tool driver
- Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0 / 3.0
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8/10 for Windows (for File Servers/Workstations)
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 R2 for Windows Workstations/Servers
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 FS MP4 / SOS MP4 / WKS MP4
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition
- Kaspersky Network Agent 10
- Kaspersky Lab Network Agent 8/9
- Kaspersky Small Office Security for Personal Computer / File Server
Usage and Download: Kaspersky Lab Products Remover or kavremover
- First, download the archive
kavremover.zipfrom here and extract it. You can also download the executable file
kavremover.exefrom here if you do not want to download the archive. Kaspersky Lab Products Remover is completely portable, so you can run it from anywhere.
- When you launch kavremover utility for the first time, you will receive the EULA. Accept it to proceed.
- Next, in the Kaspersky Lab Products Remover window, you will see a jumbled code in a picture, enter it. If you cannot read the code from the picture, click on the refresh button next to the picture to generate a new code.
- Now, under “In the Following products were detected” section select the required product you want to completely uninstall.
- Click on the Remove button and wait for kavremover to complete the process.
- Once the process completes, you will receive a confirmation dialog box which informs you of complete Kaspersky Lab product removal, click on the OK button.
- Finally, restart your computer to complete the process.
If your Kaspersky Lab product is password protected, you may need to run the kavremover utility from the command line with the parameter
Source: Kaspersky Service articles