7Stacks – Now Get Mac Like Folder Stacks in Windows
7stacks is a free application that lets you display the contents of any folder in a Mac like stacks in Windows. You can have the stacks in vertical or grid display or you can have them in cascading menu style just like Windows XP Start Menu. You can also use 7stacks to reduce icon clutter on your desktop and combine a group of related icons into a single icon. For instance, you can combine all your installed browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer combined into a single icon.
7stacks provides a neat and cool way to browse folders from a shortcut or from the Windows 7 taskbar (when you pin the desktop shortcut to the taskbar). Once you start using 7stacks you will surely love it. It performs well and seamlessly integrates with Windows Aero if you are using Windows 7 or Vista.
- 3 different styles of stacks to choose from: Normal, Grid, and Menu.
- Normal displays a stack of icons vertically, with a text description next to it.
- Grid displays a square grid of icons only; useful when displaying many of items like document folders.
- Menu displays a cascading menu of items, with a very small icon and a name next to it. Hover over sub folders to browse inside those folders.
- Customize Stack behavior so that stacks “close” when you click anywhere outside of them, or otherwise only close when you either click on an element in the stack or on the stack icon itself.
- Open a folder in explorer the last entry in your stack will always be the option to open the folder you are browsing in explorer, which is a great idea.
- Normal Windows context menu available when you right-click on a file or folder within a stack, then 7stacks displays the default Windows context menu items.
- Customize Icons for the stack itself or use the default icons.
- More Customizations available like you can change the height and font sizes of stack items; choose between black font on white background or the opposite; choose whether to have text and icons or just icons in stacks.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
[ Download 7stacks ]