VLC Media Player is one of my favorite media player. It is one of the best media player which is available, can play any media that you throw at it! I know that it doesn’t need any new introduction, so today I am sharing with you the full keyboard shortcuts that I know and use. You don’t have to be rocket-scientist to know that using keyboard shortcuts really helps and makes our life easier and gives us more control! And who wants to fiddle with the mouse and point at any button when you can just press a key or a combination of two to do the job in a fraction of second? These keyboard shortcuts below work for VLC Media Player 1.0.x and will/may also work with the previous versions and the latest versions seamlessly. If I missed any or if I mistyped any keyboard shortcuts don’t hesitate to tell me using the comments below. Happy controlling VLC!
- Shortcuts for navigation while playing movie with VLC for Windows
- Shortcuts to manage VLC Player (Windows version) Playlists and for using some Special Commands
- VLC Media Player for Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
Some handy keyboard shortcuts are as follows (courtesy VideoLAN Wiki):
- Press the spacebar to start/pause the video.
- When playing video, holding down the Apple key and pressing the F key enters and exits fullscreen. When in fullscreen you can also use the escape key to exit the fullscreen state.
- When playing video, holding the Apple and Shift keys and pressing the left/right arrow keys, jumps the video backward/forward about a minute.
- When playing video, holding the Apple and Ctrl keys and pressing the left/right arrow keys, jumps the video backward/forward about ten seconds.
- When you are watching a DVD and the video window is the front-most window you can use the arrow keys and the enter key to navigate the DVD menus.
- F – Decrease Audio Delay in milliseconds
- G – Increase Audio Delay in milliseconds
- H – Decrease Subtitle Delay
- J – Increase Subtitle Delay