Adobe Flash Player Security Updates Available, Update Now
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player for all platforms. Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149 security update is released for Windows and Macintosh, Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1242 for Linux, Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 for Android 4.x, and Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 for Android 3.x and 2.x are released. Security update for Windows and Macintosh addressed issues which are rated critical by Adobe. For all supported platforms, these updates addresses vulnerabilities referred as CVE-2013-0633, CVE-2013-0634 (details later). These vulnerabilities could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected computer system and may cause a crash.
Out of the two vulnerabilities discovered in Adobe Flash Player, Adobe reports that CVE-2013-0633 is being exploited in the wild. It is a targeted attack designed to trick a user to open a Microsoft Word document. The document is sent via email and has malicious Flash (SWF) content. It targets the ActiveX version of Flash Player on Windows. Similarly, Adobe reports that CVE-2013-0634 is also being exploited in the wild. The attacks targeting this vulnerability is delivered via malicious Flash (SWF) content hosted on websites that target Flash Player in Firefox or Safari on the Macintosh platform. It can also affect Windows users in similar way as CVE-2013-0633.
How to know which version of Adobe Flash Player is installed?
To know about the Adobe Flash Player version installed on your system, simply open the About Flash Player webpage, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select “About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player” from the menu. If you have installed multiple web browsers, you need to check for each browser separately. To check which version of Adobe Flash Player for Android is installed on your Android smartphone or tablet, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
Adobe Flash Player Security Updates Recommendations
Adobe has recommended its Flash Player users to update to the latest versions released:
- Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh should be updated to Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149.
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.2061 and earlier versions for Linux should be updated to Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.112.
- Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will automatically be updated in the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 for Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
- Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 will automatically be updated to the latest version of Internet Explorer 10, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.3.379.14 for Windows.
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier versions on Android 4.x devices should be updated to Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199.
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should be updated to Flash Player 184.108.40.206.
Download Adobe Flash Player Updates
- Download Adobe Flash Player update for Windows, Linux and Macintosh
- Flash Player update for Chrome users (Windows, Macintosh and Linux)
- Flash Player update for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8