Skype, the popular VoIP application has been updated for both the Windows and Mac platform to Skype 6.1. The latest Skype update brings a number of stability and performance improvements along with it. Skype 22.214.171.124 is the exact build number of the desktop application which is released for the Windows platform. Skype 126.96.36.1995 is the build which is released for the Apple Mac platform.
Skype 6.1 for Windows Desktop
According to the official change log, Skype 6.1 for Windows Desktop now comes with Outlook integration, new profile area and add contact experience. A number of issues has been fixed in the latest version of Skype for Windows Desktop.
The following issues are fixed in Skype 6.1 for Windows Desktop:
- Accessibility: Editing phone numbers on contact card reported wrong action to screen reader.
- Mood message: In some cases the mood message was reverted back to previously deleted message.
- SMS: Receive replies on your mobile text was not displaying properly on some localizations.
- Favorite contacts: Blocking and removing a contact from favorites only blocked the contact and did not remove him.
- Accessibility: SMS sending area had multiple menu items not accessible to screen readers.
- Calling: Video call button was enabled for persons who were offline
- Sign-in: Microsoft account login window was not properly shown on low screen resolutions.
There are no updates available for the Skype App for Windows 8 but a new update might be available soon.
Skype 6.1 for Mac
Skype 6.1 for Mac has one new feature; Click to Call, which allows Skype users to dial numbers from Safari on Mac. The latest update has improved the user profile view.
The Click to Call feature lets you call a phone number or send SMS to mobile from numbers listed on sites in Safari browser. You can also add the number to your Skype contact list for future reference. The improved user profile vies lets you easily access your account page. It’s now easier to navigate and update your profile and account details.
Skype 6.1 for Mac update fixes an issue in Preferences in which Growl was not selectable and Skype reverts back to built-in notification. The issue is now fixed and you can now use Growl notifications.
Download Skype 6.1 For Windows, Mac Platform
Mac and Windows users can download the latest Skype build for their respective operating systems from the official Skype website.