Piriform have released an update to CCleaner, its popular system cleaning application, incrementing the version number to 3.22. Microsoft already released Windows 8 RTM version to IT professionals and developers via MSDN and TechNet. Now software developers can upgrade their software so it can run on Windows 8 when its available to everyone.
One of the most notable change in this version is full support for the soon to be launched Windows 8 operating system. When the general release of Windows 8 is available, users will be able to clean temp files and browsers history. The earlier version of CCleaner, version 3.21, added support for Windows Server 2012.
Apart from the full Windows 8 support, Piriform made several improvements in different aspects of the system cleaner. Improvements in the Startup Item tool compatibility, benchmarking for Cleaner summary results and support for Custom Files and Folders. Several enhancements are done in the file security algorithms. The wildcard support in search boxes are improved. Some minor user interface enhancements and bug fixes are also included.
CCleaner 3.22 Change log
- Added full support for Windows 8.
- Improved Startup Item tool compatibility.
- Improved benchmarking for Cleaner summary results.
- Improved support for Custom Files and Folders.
- Improved file security algorithms.
- Added option to Exclude a single registry value.
- Improved wildcard support in search boxes.
- Fixed support for Windows 2000.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.